Monday, November 10, 2014

What Are You Grateful For?

 
by Dawn Pisturino
 
Like so many people, I get caught up in the stresses and strains of everyday life, wish I could scrap it all, and start all over again. I want a different job, a new husband, more money, increased luxury, a brand new car, a bigger house, a slimmer waist, a younger face. I want to travel to exotic locations,
meet exciting people, try enticing new foods, and lounge on the beach with nary a care in the world.

Maybe, if I hit the lottery or write a bestselling book, this could happen. But until then, how do I keep my perspective and enjoy life?

GRATITUDE
 
The Thanksgiving holiday teaches us to sit back, take a realistic look at our lives, and count our blessings.
 
Do I really want to turn in my well-worn husband for a new model? We're used to each other. We know each other's weaknesses and strengths. We've been to hell and back together and count each other as best friends.
 
Last year, we took some investment savings and paid off our mortgage. As long as we pay the taxes, nobody can take away our house. Do I really want another mortgage? NO! I don't want the stress or the hassle. Being mortgage-free gives me freedom that I didn't have before.
 
Although my job can be very stressful, I make enough money working part-time that I can keep a flexible schedule. My husband and I have learned to live on less. Do I really want to commit myself to a 40 hour a week job? No way! I value my free time. And if I can't afford to vacation on the French Riviera, so what? I'm perfectly happy and content at home with my husband, three cats, and two dogs.
 
I have loving relatives and supportive friends, with the possibility of meeting new people wherever I go. I have a beautiful daughter who's talented, intelligent, and independent. She's been the light of my life. I don't need anything more.  
 
And you know what?  That's okay. I'm grateful for the things I have. And if Fate decides to send me more, well, I'll deal with it whenever it happens.



What are you grateful for?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
 
Copyright 2014 Dawn Pisturino. All Rights Reserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions!